Associate Product Manager
Washington, DCApply Now »
This is a perfect position for someone who wants to get into product management at a young tech company with proven technology, a growing customer base, and strong financial footing. At ClearPoint, understanding our customers and growing our product to enable their success is the best way to add value to our brand, and you would be a missionary on this journey.
So, what would you do here?
As an Associate Product Manager, you will be given ample opportunities to get involved in every part of the business, such as marketing, sales, customer success and product management. First and foremost, your biggest contributions will begin with testing, quality assurance, help documentation, and developing a fundamental understanding of how ClearPoint works. You will also play a crucial part in defining new features and ensuring that we are always releasing the highest quality product.
In this critically important role, we want a team player who can switch hats quickly to support all parts of the ClearPoint team. This might be supporting our marketing team with an analytics project, assisting our sales team in completing a technical questionnaire, or performing SQL queries for our customer success team to truly understand how clients are using ClearPoint. We have a lot of data and are always in need of someone who can get to the bottom of a problem or find the next cool solution to improve our internal processes and make us more efficient.
In this role, you will need to:
- Work with product managers on defining and scoping new features
- Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications
- Write, execute, and constantly improve test plans
- Document, report, and analyze software defects
- Build automated tests to increase our testing efficiency and reduce the need for manual tests
- Improve our internal processes for testing and quality assurance
- Jump into support at any given time to speak with clients, understand their problems, and provide the “partnership” support they’ve all come to expect and love
- Answer sales questionnaires that are often needed as the last hurdle in making the next big sale
- Educate sales, marketing and customer team members on software functionality
- Use your creative problem-solving skills to solve the next big problem or find ways to make us better as an organization
Skills and Requirements:
- 0-2 years of hands-on experience with software testing or product related role at a B2B SaaS company
- High attention to detail
- Ability, and genuine interest, in understanding and solving customer pain points
- Extremely organized and able to adjust quickly when things change
- Street smarts, emotional intelligence, and a powerful work ethic
- Tons of energy, passion, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm
- Superior communication skills, both with our development team and our customer facing team
- Interest in leveraging systems used by our Marketing, Sales, or Customer teams to implement time-saving technical solutions
- Knowledge or experience with AngularJS or Angular not required but preferred
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
To qualify for this position, you’ll need to have a BA or BS, live in the Washington DC or Northern Virginia area (or be ready to move here on your own dime), and be able to go through an extensive interview process where we’ll ask hard questions about why you want to work here. Come ready to be challenged.
To be considered, please send a resume and a cover letter highlighting your skills, experience, and interests to [email protected] Tell us your thinking, strategies, and ideas to advance ClearPoint’s values, unique culture, and vision for the future. The more specific you are in your cover letter and resume, the more likely we are to get back to you. So, read this posting carefully, visit our website, learn about us and what we do, and then apply.
It is easy to send over a resume, so take the time to write a cover letter and show us you are really interested.
We may not respond to everyone, but we will look at every application. As busy as we are, we think finding the right person is critical to our success. If we think you could be a match, get ready for a set of phone interviews and then we’ll find a way to meet you in person. We needed someone yesterday, so, if you are great, expect this process to move quickly.Apply Now »