Associate Product Manager
Arlington, VAApply Now »
This is the perfect position for an entry-level jump into product management. We are looking for a candidate with 0-2 years of experience in a related field, which could be as a developer, in customer success, marketing, etc. This position will serve as a great jumping off point for someone trying to start their career in product management.
ClearPoint is a young tech company with proven technology, a growing customer base, and strong financial footing. At ClearPoint, understanding our customers and growing our product to enable their success is the best way to add value to our brand, and you would be a missionary on this journey.
So, what would you do here?
First and foremost, your biggest contributions will begin with testing, quality assurance, and developing a fundamental understanding of how ClearPoint works and the business problems it solves. In order to be a successful Product Manager at ClearPoint, you must become a ClearPoint expert, fast. You will also play a crucial part in defining new features and ensuring that we are always releasing the highest quality product.
In this critically important role, we want a team player who can switch hats quickly to support all parts of the ClearPoint team. This might be supporting our marketing team with a blog on our most recent release, assisting our sales team in completing a technical questionnaire, or jumping into support for a really complicated question.
In mastering the above responsibilities, you will become the foremost expert on ClearPoint, understand all the inner workings of our organization, and be poised to take on more ownership in user discovery, charter development, and roadmap planning.
In this role, you will need to:
- Work with product managers on defining and scoping new features
- Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications
- Write, execute, and constantly improve test plans
- Jump into support at any given time to speak with clients, understand their problems, and provide the “friendors not vendors” support they’ve all come to expect and love
- Assist in completing security questionnaires that are often needed as the last hurdle in making the next big sale
- Educate sales, marketing and customer team members on new functionality
- Use your creative problem-solving skills to solve the next big problem or find ways to make us better as an organization
- Become a go-to ClearPoint expert in 30 days or less
Skills and Requirements:
- 0-2 years of hands-on experience at a software company, whether it be as a developer, customer success, sales, etc.
- High attention to detail
- Well organized and constantly driven to GSD
- Able to adjust quickly when things change
- Street smarts, emotional intelligence, and a powerful work ethic
- Tons of energy, passion, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm
- Superior communication skills, both with our development team and our customer/prospect facing teams
To qualify for this position, you’ll need to have a BA or BS, live in the Washington DC or Northern Virginia area (or be willing to relocate), and be able to go through an extensive interview process where we’ll ask hard questions about why you want to work here and get into product management. Come ready to be challenged and prove why you are the right fit for ClearPoint.
- Arlington, VA worksite
- Fully Paid Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Program
- Any equipment that you need to do your job
- Team events, off-site retreats, and happy hours
- Open Vacation Policy
- Free Friday Lunches (plus snacks every day!)
To be considered, please send a resume and a cover letter highlighting your skills, experience, and interests to [email protected]. Tell us your thinking, strategies, and ideas to advance ClearPoint’s values, unique culture, and vision for the future. The more specific you are in your cover letter and resume, the more likely we are to get back to you. So, read this posting carefully, visit our website, learn about us and what we do, and then apply.
It is easy to send over a resume, so take the time to write a cover letter and show us you are really interested.
We may not respond to everyone, but we will look at every application. As busy as we are, we think finding the right person is critical to our success. If we think you could be a match, get ready for a set of phone interviews and then we’ll find a way to meet you in person. We needed someone yesterday, so, if you are great, expect this process to move quickly.Apply Now »