Atlanta, GAApply Now »
ClearPoint Strategy facilitates better and more timely business decision-making and execution through software applications. We are looking to add a uniquely qualified individual to build on our already strong AngularJS driven performance management SaaS application. To qualify you’ll need a BA or BS and a few years of front-end development experience (or the equivalent). You’ll need to live and love:
- Angular, NodeJS, CSS, and HTML
- Usage of standard development tools, like Git
- Understand of how things like promises, callbacks, etc., work
- How to troubleshoot things like infinite digest loops
- Ability to set up and manage your development environment (and Docker)
You should also:
- Understand how REST APIs work
- Have an interest in building scalable applications
- Care deeply and are proud of your code
- Enjoy talking about challenges and how to solve them in code
- Be able to think on your feet and handle ambiguity
Desired Personal and Professional Skills
We prefer to remain small & nimble and are looking to add one exceptional person who possesses a sharp and inventive mind and a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves and “get things done.” We’re pragmatists and value results, so efficiency and effectiveness are important. We’re looking for a creative problem solver with an entrepreneurial spirit, who can easily understand business ethics and requirements, and turn them into code. For that reason, people with nontraditional (not CS) backgrounds can thrive here, though we value CS majors, too.
Our Stack & Application
The technology stack that powers our application is comprised of various components and technologies, including RESTful APIs, AngularJS, NodeJS, C#, Lucee, SQL Server and PHP. We’re fans of highly modular components that work together to form efficient overall solutions. We run on Amazon AWS, using Docker containers, virtual private clouds, elastic load balancers, etc. We employ Linux and use Windows where necessary. Our journey to a fully modern stack is interesting story. Ask about it at your interview. We have a cool application that’s been running on AngularJS since 2015. (Yes, we need to migrate to Angular 7 – want to help?) We have a robust and scalable architecture up at AWS, that leverages containers to deliver our service via microservices and managed EC2 Container Service tasks.
Company Culture & Norms
ClearPoint Strategy is an ideal hybrid of startup and stable company, offering employees an innovative office and work environment, combined with the security and benefits of an established organization. Our founders have graduate degrees from Harvard (the sales guy) and MIT (the tech guy), and undergraduate degrees from Duke and Bowdoin, respectively. We value creative thinking, problem solving, and the ability to get things done. Employees can expect:
- Ownership: We empower our people to pursue novel approaches.
- Challenge: What we do isn’t easy, and we solve interesting and difficult problems all day long.
- Skills: There’s zero stagnation. We use the latest tools and technologies.
- Variety: You can touch all parts of the stack and see your influence on real, live, shipping products.
- Creative input: Ideas are valued from all corners of ClearPoint, and we work fast.
- Community: We hang out and take care of each other, and believe it makes our company strong.