Sales Development Representative
Washington, DCApply Now »
This is a perfect position for someone who wants to be a key player in the growth of an industry-leading SaaS company in the Washington, DC, area. We’ve got a standout software product, great customers, and strong finances, and we need YOU to help us find our next wave of customers.
ClearPoint is a mission driven organization, and our software and team are the best in the business. We strive to partner with our customers to make them successful, and we’re looking to grow our team to help us with this mission. Our software tool, ClearPoint, makes strategic planning and management reporting simple and efficient so that our customers can focus on making better decisions.
So, what would you do here?
As a Sales Development Representative at ClearPoint, you’ll have the opportunity to find our new customers. We have a flow of potential clients requesting information every day. You will call and email prospects to give them the information they need and to find out what it is they want in a software tool. You’ll become an expert in performance management so that you can ask the right questions and find out if ClearPoint is the right fit for each potential new customer. We’ll provide you with a great place to work, passionate teammates, and generous compensation and benefits.
Target customers will largely consist of — but will not be limited to – local governments (like cities and counties), state agencies, banks, utilities, healthcare organizations, and mid to large sized businesses. We’re excited to add to our existing client base which includes the City of Miami, City of Fort Worth, Boys and Girls Clubs, Origin Bank and lots more! You’ll be working with our team in our Arlington, VA office (with a great view of Georgetown).
In this role, you will need to:
- Be a ‘first responder’ to requests for information and product demos – calling and emailing with prospects
- Become an expert in performance management in order to support potential new customers
- Engage with prospects to determine whether ClearPoint is a good fit for their organizations and what their budget and implementation timelines are
- Provide web-based demos and lead calls with prospective clients
- Keep our leads organized so that we are properly supporting each one
- Serve as a brand enthusiast for ClearPoint’s products and solutions
Skills and Requirements:
- Street smarts, emotional intelligence, and a powerful work ethic
- Tons of energy, passion, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm
- Superior communications skills (you’ll be on the phone and emailing with our prospects a lot!)
- Team player with the ability to listen to and accept feedback from team members
- Genuine curiosity and desire to help solve our customers’ problems
- Organization and attention to detail
- A sharp focus on your goals
- Professional communication (phone calls and emails)
- Understanding of inbound marketing and sales (or desire and curiosity to learn about it!)
- Ability to engage with prospects (or people you’ve never met before)
To qualify for this position, you’ll need to have a BA or BS, live in the Washington, DC, or the Northern Virginia area (or be ready to move here on your own dime), and be able to go through an extensive interview process where we’ll ask hard questions about why you want to work here. Come ready to be challenged.
To be considered, please send a resume and a cover letter highlighting your skills, experience, and interests to [email protected] Tell us how your skills can help us grow our customer base – why do you want to help us find new customers? The more specific you are in your cover letter and resume, the more likely we are to get back to you. So, read this posting carefully, visit our website, learn about us, and then apply.
It is easy to send over a resume, so take the time to write a cover letter and show us you are really interested.
We may not respond to everyone, but we will look at every application. As busy as we are, we think finding the right person is critical to our success. If we think you could be a match, get ready for a set of phone interviews, and then we’ll find a way to meet you in person. We needed someone yesterday, so, if you are great, expect this process to move quickly.Apply Now »