~ 1 MIN READ
Check Out Charlottesville’s New Performance Management Site!
We are excited to announce that the City of Charlottesville, Virginia has started publishing scorecards and performance measures for nine major departments. The website, powered by ClearPoint Strategy software, is now live and available to the public.
Starting in 2008, the city began an initiative called “Plan, Perform, Perfect” or “P3” for short. Through this initiative, City leadership wanted to put in a place a system of performance measurement and management that enables the Charlottesville to do the following:
- Focus on results rather than activities;
- Align results to the City Council’s Strategic Vision and Initiatives;
- Serve as a management tool for the City Manager and Department Heads on which to evaluate progress of various programs and services;
- Report to City Council and the public on what the City is doing and how well we are doing it;
- Create a more comprehensive budget process, with decisions based on data, research and evidence;
- Include greater participation from City staff and the public;
- Promote collaboration and coordination among partners (i.e. departments, agencies, etc.); and,
- Improve transparency in all areas of the organization.
Several City departments, including Fire, Parks and Recreation, and Public Works, now share individual scorecards online. Each scorecard provides the public with a “snapshot” of how the City performs in each department or area to encourage a connected community with a citizen-focused government. The City plans to add more departments to the website in the near future too.
About ClearPoint — 5 min read
2018 Strategy and Performance Management Summit: A Recap
Last week marked ClearPoint’s fourth annual Strategy and Performance Management Summit, held in Fort Lauderdale, where we learned from our clients in a variety of industries about experiences and lessons learned when faced with strategy
By Jenna Weaver