~ 4 MIN READ
This is a perfect entry-level position for a recent college graduate with great organizational skills looking for a job at a technology startup with proven technology, a growing customer base, and strong financial footing.
This is a perfect entry-level position for a recent college graduate with great organizational skills looking for a job at a technology startup with proven technology, a growing customer base, and strong financial footing. At ClearPoint, helping customers is the best way to add value to our brand, and you would be our ambassador in this mission.
ClearPoint Strategy is a cloud performance management application that helps organizations measure and manage their strategy. We work with large publicly traded organizations, state and municipal governments, small to medium sized companies, and nonprofits. We have clients all over the world, and our business is growing rapidly.
You would act as the customer’s champion, ensuring that they have the best possible experience with ClearPoint Strategy.
So, what would you do here?
We are a small company, which will allow you to participate meaningfully in the management and direction of the company, while also gaining great experience on large scale projects with a global impact. Small company. Huge responsibilities and opportunities. Expect to hit the ground running. We are getting slammed with new work, so you will need to learn on-the-job. Expect to contribute immediately because we need you to.
Our software focuses on organization wide performance management and management reporting. We help organizations track their measures and projects against their strategic goals. Organizations do this in a variety of ways including using Balanced Scorecards and dashboards. ClearPoint is extremely customizable, and clients reach out with questions about the software as well as about best practices in performance management.
- Monitor, respond to, and master the help desk
- Respond to user support requests
- Diagnose and solve technical issues
- Create end-user documentation and recommend procedural changes to reduce the number of support requests
- Multi-task efficiently
- Test new features and functionality
- Communicate effectively
- Setup new clients with configuration and data entry
- Train end users at organizations onsite and remotely
- Get things done! Lots of things!
We are a small team, growing quickly, with big ambitions. The below criteria are required, not desired:
- An incredibly hard worker, even when it’s not so fun. There is a ton of work to do, and a lot of it is not the most glamorous. After all — we are a small organization with huge ambitions and no support staff. We are looking for someone to help execute on all fronts without complaint or supervision, and come back asking for more.
- A cool person to be with. Not a crazy party animal, just someone we can trust, rely upon, hang out with, bounce ideas off of, and generally interact with in a positive way, both personally and professionally. This is one of the most stringent requirements we have. We typically do an offsite twice a year. In January, we went to Vegas.
- Has a strong set of interpersonal skills and organizational savvy. In addition to hanging out with us, you will need to be comfortable talking with clients and able to quickly build relationships to achieve common goals. This means being able to identify the politics that impact the work of the organization, listening to others, and responding appropriately.
- A master of multitasking and exceeding expectations. We’re going to throw a ton of work at you of every possible sort, and you need that magic skill of being able to figure it out even if you have no idea where to start. On any given day, you might bounce between client delivery, finding bugs, testing software, developing training, and marketing. You will also need to figure out how to balance helping our clients and helping our company at the same time. Attention to detail is critical.
- A really, really fast learner who thrives in a crazy unstructured environment. We don't have time to teach things twice. You will be working in our incubator office space in Rosslyn, VA, and chances are that we will send you to train a client onsite within 6 months, so plan on some travel. You'll be judged on how fast and how well you get things done, not how much time you spend on it.
What we offer:
- The chance to get in on the "ground floor" of a startup tech company
- Help transform the performance management space
- A great job in the booming cloud-based software business
- The ability to make a difference from day one
- Fantastic colleagues and clients
- A competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with your experience
Feel free to submit your cover letter and resume by emailing emailing jlucco<at>ascendantsmg.com. To be considered, please include a cover letter highlighting your skills, experience, and interests and how they align with our company and this position specifically. The more specific you are in your cover letter and resume, the more likely we are to get back to you. So read this posting carefully, visit our websites, learn about us, and then apply.
We may not respond to everyone, but we will look at every application. As busy as we are, we think finding the right person is critical to our success. If we think there could be a match, get ready for a set of phone interviews and then we’ll find a way to meet you in person. We needed someone yesterday, so, if you are great, expect this process to move quickly.
Desired Skills and Experience
To qualify for this position, you'll need to have a BA or BS, live in Washington, DC (or be ready to move there on your own dime), and be able to go through an extensive interview process where we'll ask hard questions about why you want to work here. Come ready to be challenged.