Building Data Loader Packages
In order to use the Data Loader, users must first create packages for the application to upload. A package is a collection of mappings between the columns in your file and their respective series in ClearPoint. Learn how to make one here. Please note that package uploads should be spaced out from one another. You will receive a notification when an upload is complete. At this time, you can begin the next upload.
1) From the Data Packages screen, give your package a name by clicking in the box.
2) Select your file source by clicking the ellipsis icon to the right. In this example we grabbed a simple .xls file from Excel. If you want to learn how to use SQL databases, click here.
3) This field should auto-populate without the correct file type based on the file you’ve linked to.
4) Click the Next button to move on to defining mappings.
5) You will first notice a list of all available scorecards. Those that appear here will be based on your permissions inside of ClearPoint. Click the checkbox to the left to select each scorecard.
6) Click the Next button to proceed.
7) The mapping definitions will provide a list of all the series that were successfully drawn from your data source. Tell the Data Loader where you would like them to map to by defining the mapping. To begin, select the scorecard.
8) Next, select the appropriate measure.
9) Finally, select which series you would like to map to.
10) The Enabled column on the left gives you the option of whether or not to include a mapping in upcoming uploads. This can be changed at any point in time.
11) Click the Next button to proceed.
12) At this point, your data has yet to actually load. The Preview Data screen shows you how your mappings would impact your ClearPoint account should the package be uploaded.
13) The legend explains what is happening in each cell through a color coding.
14) Click Next to proceed.
15) Once a package has been created, it is possible to set up schedules for when you want the Data Loader to automatically run your package. To read the help file on setting up Package Schedules, click here.
16) Click Finish to finalize your package and return to the home screen.
17) At this point, your data has not been uploaded. If you would like to upload your data, click the green ‘execute’ arrow to the right of the desired package. This will upload your data to ClearPoint instantly.
We are sorry this article was not helpful for you.
Please help us improve this article
How can we improve this article?