ClearPoint 10.5 Release Notes (January 2017)
Curious about what’s new in ClearPoint? You’ve come to the right place. Learn about all the new features and functionality that have been added to ClearPoint over the past couple months. Want to learn more? Email us, at email@example.com. Happy Reporting!
Municipalities can now share measures with one another using the ClearPoint Measures Library. Some of the awesome features include:
- Join multiple libraries: Organizations can join any measure library that they would like in order to share information.
- Contribute measures to a library: Organizations can add measures from their ClearPoint account to measure libraries.
- Add measures to your account: Organizations can add measures from libraries as templates to their ClearPoint account to track their own data.
- Compare with similar organizations: Users are able to see and sort data according to the attributes of other organizations participating in a measure library.
- Contact measure owner: Users are able to contact the owner of measures in the library to find out more information.
We are always looking for ways to improve navigation around your ClearPoint account. The less time you focus on entering data, the more you can spend on executing that strategy!
- Alphanumeric sorting by column in summary reports: On grid-style summary report, users can click the header of a column to sort its contents, and therefore the entire table, alphanumerically.
- Quick History menu: Users can navigate to pages they recently viewed using the History menu.
- Tours: Users can navigate through a guided tour of their account. Tours include Getting Started, Managing Elements, Managing Documents, Managing Reports, and ClearPoint administration.
- Tooltips: Users can now enable Tooltips for helpful information as they move their mouse over different areas of the ClearPoint screen.
Aggregated Series & Calculations
Series calculations are much more powerful now thanks to our Aggregated Series feature. Users have the ability to create series that automatically aggregate data across multiple scorecards, measures and series–even as new measures are added. Think of it like a filter on a summary report. As new measures and series are added with names that match your specified criteria, the aggregated series will know to include them. This is a must-have for department roll-up masters.
- Aggregate data from scorecards: Users can create calculations that aggregate data from measures from individual scorecards or child scorecards.
- Aggregate data from measures: Users can create calculations that aggregate data from child measures, measures with the same name, or measures that contain defined text in their name.
- Aggregate data from series: Users can create calculations that aggregate data from series with the same name or that contain defined text in their name.
- Aggregate Type: Users can create aggregations that are the sum, count, average (mean) or standard deviation of defined series.
We also improved the calculation wizard and the “Test” button that accompanies it. This makes for a smoother setup process and clearer picture of what is happening behind the scenes of a complex calculation.
- Reorganization of calculation wizard: The calculation wizard was reorganized in a more logical fashion to make creating calculations easier.
- Test calculation button: The Test button for calculated series will now display the names of measures and series in use, in addition to their IDs.
Printing and Exporting
Now you can export individual charts. Also, measure data table exports now have a more consistent look and feel.
- Print or Export charts to JPEG or PNG: Any given chart can now be exported as a JPEG or PNG image.
- Cleaner XLS exports of measure data tables: Measure data table XLS exports have been improved for a more consistently formatted file.
Data Table Enhancements
We want to make the data entry process as easy as possible for our users. To help with this, we changed some of the behaviors behind big data tables that have many rows and/or columns. We also added the ability to right-click paste (including transposed!).
- Column freezing: The first three columns of the data table, Period, status icon, and Status, stay within view when users scroll the data table to the right to see additional series.
- Header Freezing: Administrators can select the maximum number of rows that they would like to show in the data table. When this number is reached, the data table will scroll down to show additional periods and the headers will remain frozen along the top so users can always view series’ names.
- Wrapping Headers: Long series names now wrap in the first row of the data table so that users can view the entire name.
- Paste from Excel: Users can paste data directly from Excel into their data table by right-clicking. This includes the ability to Paste Transposed.
If you liked the customizability of pods and table themes, you are going to love our new feature for changing your entire account’s theme! Also, our non-English speaking users can celebrate–CPS 10 is now available in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, and German!
- ClearPoint Styles: Administrators can customize the color of the content background, content border and navigation bar to match your organization’s style.
- Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, and German translations: CPS 10 now comes in six languages!
Cloud-Based Data Loader
The Data Loader now has its own section in Admin Options, making it easier for Administrators to manage their packages.
- Edit, Duplicate, and Delete Packages: Administrators can edit the Name, Machine ID, Package Owner and Filename for Data Loader packages. They can also duplicate or delete.
- Run Packages: Administrators can run any Data Loader package from Admin Options.
- Map packages based on IDs: Packages can now be mapped automatically using unique measure and series IDs.
Behind the Scenes
In addition to fixing hundreds of bugs and implementing countless enhancements in response to client feedback, our development team made some notable improvements that make for a better ClearPoint experience.
- Consistency in Admin Options: The Admin Options menus have been reorganized for consistency.
- Links in emails persists past login: Links in emails to specific places in ClearPoint will now persist past the login page. User who receive reminder emails can now navigate directly from the email to the necessary place in ClearPoint.
- Improved caching for faster load times: Our development team put some serious time and effort into ensuring that ClearPoint runs faster.
- Play with the API: The CPS API documentation page can now be used to make real, live calls.