With ClearPoint Sync, you have the ability to make updates to summary reports directly from the Excel export, and vice versa. All you need to do is install an add-in for your Excel and start making those real-time updates! Sync is compatible with Excel 2016 and later. Learn more about how to use ClearPoint Sync below.
In This Article
To download the ClearPoint Sync add-in, go to Microsoft’s AppSource. Click Get it Now.
Click Continue to log in with your Microsoft credentials.
To get started with the add-in, click Open in Excel. Once Excel is open, you can click Trust this add-in.
You can now access the add-in on the ClearPoint Strategy tab!
If you are an administrator of your organization’s Microsoft account, you have the ability to deploy add-ins globally. Follow these instructions to make ClearPoint Sync available to all your users in Excel.
In ClearPoint, find a measure summary report that you would like to update using Excel.
Click the drop down arrow next to the edit pencil icon. Select Export to Excel.
Once downloaded, save the Excel version of the measure summary report. Then double click to open the file in Excel. The add-in will appear as an option on its own tab. Now you are all set up!
Back in ClearPoint, you can make updates to the data or HTML fields in the summary report. Then, go back to the Excel file and click the Refresh button on the right-hand side of the tool bar where the ClearPoint Sync add-in has been added.
This will bring the most up to date information from ClearPoint into the Excel sheet. Any updates that you make to the data or HTML fields in the summary report in ClearPoint will automatically populate in Excel.
In the Excel file, update the cell values with new data or information. Click on the Post button on the right-hand side of the tool bar.
Back in ClearPoint, the updates you made in Excel will automatically populate.
In addition to installing the Excel add-in to your installed version of Excel, you can also set up ClearPoint Sync to be used on your online Excel files that are saved to your shared drive, such as SharePoint or OneDrive. Follow the steps below to get this set up!
To start, make sure you have the ClearPoint Sync manifest file saved somewhere on your computer. If you do not currently have this file, you can reach out to email@example.com to request it.
Follow these instruction to export a summary report to Excel from ClearPoint. Make sure to check the box to Generate for ClearPoint Sync after selecting to Export. Download and save the Excel file to your shared drive. Open the Excel file in your browser. Make sure it is the online version and does not open in your installed version of Excel.
Click on the Insert tab. Click on Office Add-ins in the tool bar. Click on Upload My Add-in in the top right of the window that appears. Click on Browse and select the ClearPoint Sync manifest file.
The ClearPoint Sync options will automatically appear on the Home tab of the tool bar, and can be used just like the offline version of Excel (see above instructions). Once this has been installed for one online Excel file, it will be available for all other Excel files using the online version!
To uninstall ClearPoint Sync, open Windows File Explorer. Go to this folder:
You can also get to this folder by entering %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Wef\ in the address bar.
Delete all contents in the folder.
Next, go to this folder:
You can also get to this folder by entering %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Win32WebViewHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\#!123\INetCache\ in the address bar.
Delete all contents in the folder.
ClearPoint Sync should be successfully uninstalled.
- ClearPoint Sync is currently available for Measure, Initiative, Action Item, and Risk summary reports.
- Once you have exported your summary report to Excel, it is important to maintain the original structure. Deleting rows or columns in the spreadsheet may break it.
- Most ‘Edit’ fields in ClearPoint cannot be changed in Excel or ClearPoint through ClearPoint Sync. This includes element name, series name, reporting frequency, attachments, discussion threads, status icons (manually evaluated), Parent/Children/Linked Elements field, data grid custom fields, chart reference fields, and calculated fields.
- The supported default fields are owner, collaborator, tags, analysis, recommendations, series status, start date, end date, completed, and percent complete.
- The supported custom fields are string, long text, HTML text, HTML with Data, numeric, currency, integer, accounting, percent, date, link, picklist, multi-picklist, user picklist, boolean (Y/N).
- If you have any further questions about what can and cannot be updated using ClearPoint Sync, check with our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org !
We are sorry this article was not helpful for you.
Please help us improve this article
How can we improve this article?