The Data Loader 1.0 Care Package
The ClearPoint Data Loader allows users to bulk upload data from Excel, CSV, or SQL queries to their measures in ClearPoint. Data is uploaded in a matter of seconds and can even be set to upload on set schedules. The Data Loader can save you and your team a ton of time by avoiding monotonous manual data entry every month. Plus, you can get up and running in less than an hour with these 5 easy steps. The Data Loader is available for Professional, Enterprise and Government accounts.
1. Watch this 2 minute video
2. Install the Data Loader
- If you already have the Data Loader, skip to step 3!
- If you need to download the Data Loader, please reach out to us at email@example.com and we’ll send you the installer!
- If your organization requires IT approval before installing software onto your computer, send them our support article on frequently asked questions.
3. Create upload file
- In order for the Data Loader to read your file, it needs to match a specific format. Check out some of these ready-to-go templates to save yourself some set up time.
- An example of what an Excel file should look like can be seen below. Periods for uploading should run down column A and series should start in column B and move from left to right.
- In addition to Excel and CSV, the Data Loader allows users to SQL query their databases for uploading: Connecting the Data Loader with SQL data sources
4. Map to your measures in ClearPoint
- Once your files are created, you can map them to the appropriate measures in ClearPoint using the Data Loader. Learn how to create a package in this step by step support article.
5. Schedule uploads
- When you are finished, data can either be manually uploaded, or you can set up scheduled uploads.
6. Still not convinced?
- Check out this blog post about how ClearPoint users have improved their reporting process by using the Data Loader.
Data Loader Resources
The Data Loader webinar
Guides and Templates
- Configuration and Usage Guide
- Sample Files
- Ready-to-go Templates
- Why should I “Data Load?”
- Data Loader Blog Post
- Administering the Data Loader in the ClearPoint web app
- Data Loader FAQs
- Building Data Loader Packages
- Connecting the Data Loader with SQL data sources
- Error Message: “No matching periods or series were found in the file or query”
- Data Loader Tips and Tricks
Taking it to the next level with the ClearPoint API
We are sorry this article was not helpful for you.
Please help us improve this article
How can we improve this article?