Setting IP Restrictions
IP Restrictions, a feature available in Enterprise and Government accounts, make it possible to whitelist or blacklist specific IP address from accessing your ClearPoint account. This feature can be used on IP addresses using IPV4 or CIDR format. The ClearPoint Support Team will be globally whitelisted in order to provide quality support services to all accounts.
1) From anywhere in ClearPoint, click on ‘Admin Options’ from under the ‘System Settings’ dropdown menu.
2) Click on ‘IP Address Restrictions’. A new window will appear.
3) In the ‘IP Whitelist’ field, enter a IP address (IPV4 or CIDR format) to allow access to your account. If a specific IP address is whitelisted, then all other IP addresses will not have access to your account. If this field is left blank, all IP addresses, other than ones that are blacklisted, will have access to your account. To whitelist multiple IP addresses, enter each new IP address (IPV4 or CIDR format) on a separate line.
4) In the ‘IP Blacklist’ field, enter a IP address that will not be able to access your account. If you blacklist and whitelist a IP address, the whitelist permission will override the blacklist permission and this location will have access to your account. To blacklist multiple IP addresses, enter each new IP address (IPV4 or CIDR format) on a separate line.
5) The ‘Test IP Address’ field shows your current IP address.
6) Click ‘Save’.