Explaining the types of calculations in ClearPoint
There are five types of calculations that can be applied to measure series in ClearPoint. This article will explain the difference in a Calculated Series, Aggregate Series, Aggregate Status, Reference Series, and Shared Series calculations.
Types of Calculations
On a measure detail page, double click on a series name to add a calculation. Click into the Calculation tab. Click on the Series Calculation Type dropdown to see the five types of calculations. Default (No Calculation) series will not be automatically calculated. Raw data can be manually entered into these series.
- Calculated Series: Set up automatically calculated series that can reference data throughout your account. For more information on calculated series, please see this article: Creating series calculations.
- Aggregate Series: Set up aggregate series calculations that can quickly add or average data across multiple measures throughout your account. For more information on aggregate series, please see this article: Creating aggregate series.
- Aggregate Status: Set up aggregate status calculations that can count the number of element status indicators based on criteria you set up throughout your account. For more information on aggregate status, please see this article: Creating an aggregate status calculation.
- Reference Series: Set up reference series calculations that reference data in quantitative default or custom fields for any element throughout your account. Reference Series are only available for those on the Enterprise Plan. For more information on reference series, please see this article: Creating reference series.
- Shared Series: Shared Series are a special series type that will only appear if you are a member of the Measure Library. To learn more, check out this help article on leveraging the Adding Peer Data from the Measure Library.